Every girl knows that makeup brushes must be cleaned ATLEAST once a month. Do not spend money on makeup cleaners anymore. Make your own makeup brush cleaners for pennies and the best part is the entire process takes only under 5 minutes. I have listed the top 5 DIY makeup brush cleaner hacks. Use these and save yourself some money.
1) Apple Cider Vinegar Makeup Brush Cleanser
It’s no secret apple cider vinegar has lots of amazing uses around the household. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, half a teaspoon of dish soap, and a cup of water in a container. Allow your makeup brush bristles to sit in the mixture and soak for ten minutes, then rinse each brush in cold water. Dry them with a towel and hang to dry overnight with bristles down.Read more Makeup cleaner hacks here.
2) Use Baking Soda To Clean Makeup Brushes
Oil base cleaning products like olive oil and coconut oil can stick to makeup brushes after cleaning. Luckily, we have the all-around dependable baking and cleaning agent baking soda. Get a tall container where your brushes can fit in and stand as upright as possible. Pour in water enough to submerge the bristles of the brushes then add a couple of teaspoons of baking soda.
3) Use Dish Soap and Olive Oil to Clean Makeup Brushes
I mixed two parts dish soap with one part olive oil in a small bowl. Next, I wet my brushes and sponges one by one under the bathroom faucet, dipped them into my mixture, and swirled a few times. Then, I rubbed the bristles between my fingertips to remove debris, and rinsed them under the faucet until no soap or makeup ran from the brush. I repeated all the steps with my makeup sponges. Read more here.
4) Dollar Tree DIY – Makeup Brush Cleaning Mat
By Life She Has
5) Hot Tap Water and White Distilled Vinegar
- 1/2 gallon hot tap water (approximate)
- 2 T. white distilled vinegar
- In a large bowl or small sink, mix hot water and vinegar
- Swirl brushes around in the mixture until they come clean
- Gently squeeze out excess water
- Reshape brushes and let dry on a clean towel
Via – Andrea Dekker
Try these proven DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner Hacks and save money for yourself. Please comment below if you know any other effective methods.